Home » Hse Qa
SAFETY & HUMAN RESOURCES
TOR GROUP’s strongly believes in the importance of the human factor and strives to provide its 80 employees with a safe and satisfying work environment. The company aims for long-term employment of staff as an investment in their professional competence and to foster mutual loyalty. All personnel benefit from in-house training programs as well as Total Quality Management (TQM) and Employee Health and Safety Procedures (ISG) training.
The company has built its reputation as a trustworthy partner that consistently drives excellence throughout its operations. To achieve this, TOR GROUP shipyard has implemented Quality Management Systems (QMS) in accordance with ISO 9001:2000.
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ)
At Torgem, we endeavour to maintain the highest possible standards of practice, whilst minimising the impact on the environment where we operate. Our commitment to safety is a key priority, ensuring our employees remain safe in an incident-free workplace.Policy Implementation
- Creating a culture of safe behaviour, where employees are conscientious and dedicated is essential to the company. Our health, safety, environmental and quality policies and procedures lead our practice and we actively monitor to ensure our employees comply with these.
- At Torgem, we routinely review and monitor our policies and procedures to ensure products and services meet international standards of best practice.
- We are committed to providing our employees with training in health, safety, environmental management and quality.
- At Torgem, we comply with all relevant laws and regulations in the countries where we operate.
- By implementing The BS OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System, we endeavour to achieve the best possible working conditions and workplace health and safety for our employees.
- We always aim to prevent incidents. However, where failures do occur, we are committed to investigating these, determining the root cause and taking appropriate action to improve our future performance.
- As a company we are committed to making the necessary preparations to mitigate and manage potential incidents from natural disasters and emergencies and our objective is to work cohesively with the relevant institutions in our region.
- The ISO 14001 Environmental Management System is an essential part of our practice and provides us with the assurance that, as a company, we are measuring and improving our environmental impact.
- We ensure that waste is appropriately recycled and we embed this practice in all who work for us.
- Customer satisfaction is of upmost importance to us at Torgem. Ensuring that our products and services are within budget, true to specification and delivered on time is priority.
- We have implemented the ISO 9001 Quality Management System, in the aim of meeting the needs of our customers through continual improvement in the quality of our products and services.
- As a company who continually strives to develop, we welcome technological innovations to improve our systems and performance.
Chairman of the Board